Dimka Gicheva-Gocheva: “Let me write/say a few words about me. My name is Dimka Gicheva-Gocheva. I am born in Stara Zagora 1964. I am associate professor in history of philosophy since 2004 at the Faculty of Philosophy in Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridsky”. My work is focused on the classical Greek philosophy. The first doctoral thesis of mine was The teleology in the philosophy of Aristotle (1997). My second dissertation is entitled To(wards) the Concepts τὸ δίκαιον and ἡ δικαιοσύνη in the Practical Philosophy of Aristotle. The procedure finished on the 29th of October 2019.
I have published five books in Bulgarian:
- ΠΟΙΚΙΛΙΑ. A book on the classical Greek thinkers. Sofia UPress, Sofia, 2013.
- New Essays on the Aristotelian Teleology. LIK. Sofia, 1999.
- On Europe and the University. Sofia, SONM, 2005.
- The University: where to? SONM. Sofia, SONM, 2002.
- In the Labyrinth of Plato and Aristotle. Sofia UPress, 1994.
I have translated Aristotle’s treatise On the heavens (2006) in Bulgarian.
The most important work I have done (according to my own judgement) is the edition, the introduction and the comments on books I-III and X-IV of the (first Bulgarian translation of the) Metaphysics by Aristotle, translated by Nikolai Gochev. Sofia, 2000, SONM Publ.; 2017, Diva 2007 Publ.; UPress, Sofia, 2020.
I have edited several volumes with articles:
- The Political Thought of the European “past”. Sofia UPress, 2010.
- The Challenge: Aristotle (ed.). 42 articles on Aristotle by Bulgarian and foreign scholars. Sofia UPress, 2018.
Recent publication: Thinking and acting. Sofia UPress, August 2020, co-edited by me and Assoc. Prof. Nevena Panova.
Some of my publications: https://independent.academia.edu/DimkaGocheva.”